Willow Construction was chosen to build a new apartment community in North East, Maryland. This project consisted of 72 apartment units and one community building. The project was on a wooded lot, which required major clearing and grubbing before construction could begin. Water and sewer utilities were extended approximately a half mile offsite along Route 40.
Project Challenges & Solutions
- Volatile crude oil market fluctuations resulted in significant material increases, but Willow was able to offer cost savings in other areas.
- The offsite utilities had to cross Stony Run Creek. This work was scheduled around the fish spawn.
- Access had to be maintained to a residence located behind the project, including relocation of the driveway as site work progressed.
- A surprise inspection from Maryland Occupational Safety & Health (MOSH) resulted in zero issuance of citations.
- 71,283 square feet
- North East, Maryland
- Guaranteed Maximum Price
- Owner: Stony Run Associates, LP
- Architect: Mike Rosen & Associates, PC