Piazza Italian Market, the Eastern Shore’s popular Italian gourmet shop, selected Willow Construction to build out an existing commercial unit into an operating and functional Italian Market. The build-out included a large commercial kitchen, dining area, and a retail space. Our team is that we were able to contribute to the expansion and making our clients vision and dream a reality. The new market has an ample seating area for dining in, a separate counter for deli items, more light, and overall more space. The new commercial kitchen allows Piazza to have a more extensive menu of house brand prepared foods, as well as provide more catering with even better services.
Project Challenges & Solutions
- During construction, there were last-minute design changes to include a sandwich counter to meet demands of our client’s customer base.
- Our project team had to coordinate with owners kitchen equipment vendors to make sure MEP rough-in / services were suitable for the equipment and that delivery of long lead time items were delivered in coordination with the schedule.
- Willow was tasked with an aggressive schedule with a critical deadline because of our clients lease terms, local events, and the holidays.
- Post punch list and certificate of occupation, existing plumbing and electrical services needed to be modified to fit needs of new services. Our team was able to coordinate with our client and subcontractors to make these modifications while the space maintained fully functional for business operations.
- 3,225 square feet
- Easton, Maryland
- Stipulated Sum
- Owner: Piazza Italian Market
- Architect: Hugh Boyd Architects