Willow Construction was selected by Mid Atlantic Surgical Group after a round of interviews to complete a tenant fit-out of empty space and to renovate their general, bariatric and vascular surgical suites. The project included two new procedure rooms, an ultrasound room, a nursing station and patient rooms. Renovation of existing space included vestibule modifications and interior modifications to the existing waiting room, check-in/check-out space and administration area. All space was updated with a fire alarm system, LED light fixtures and backed up by a 60 kW generator. Additionally ADA parking spaces were added along with an access ramp.
Project Challenges & Solutions
- The surgical practice wanted to remain operational during the renovation. Our team worked closely with staff to create a plan that suited their wishes. Phased work, conducting work after hours, on weekends, and during the holidays were utilized to maximize project schedule and minimize downtime.
- During the project, our team discovered that existing trusses would require modifications to accommodate the installation of a new HVAC system.
- 3,000 square feet of new construction
- 7,000 square feet renovation
- Salisbury, Maryland
- Completed in 2018
- General Contractor
- Owner: Mid Atlantic Surgical Group
- Architect: George, Miles and Buhr, LLC